It’s that time of year again. In a little more than a week, the attendees, presenters, keynote speakers, and vendors will descend upon Grand Rapids, MI for the Michigan Association of Computer Users in Learning annual conference. This year, MACUL 2010 will bring together 3,000 educators from across Michigan, all of them eager to be inspired to transform their teaching with new technologies, new methods, and new thoughts.
Want to make sure your message impacts and inspires as many attendees as possible? Check out the MACUL 2010 Forums over at MACULSpace, our association’s social network! You can post your session, workshop, or idea for a guerrilla workshop and share your presentation directly with the almost 2,500 members of our social network.
Why post your Session(s) on the MACULSpace Forum?
- Upload your slide show or other presentation files and resources so that attendees can easily access them
- Reach out beyond the conference by connecting in the forum with people who attended your session, but want to know more
- Give attendees a place to share, synthesize, and discuss your session
There are 3 forums, one each for the 3 main types of sessions at the MACUL conference:
- 2010 General Conference Sessions – Share Resources, Participate in Discussions, and chat about general MACUL 2010 Breakout Sessions.
- 2010 Workshop & Hands-On Sessions – Share Resources, Participate in Discussions, and chat about MACUL 2010 Workshops, Pre-cons, and Hands-on Sessions.
- 2010 Guerrilla Sessions – Have a great idea for a session at the last minute. Plan it “on-the-fly”, promote it, and host in the Guerrilla Session room.
Posting to static discussion forums not your thing? Consider using the #macul10 hashtag in Twitter to help Twitter users at the conference find out about what’s going on before, during, and post-conference. Here are a few ways to follow what’s going on in the twitterverse:
- (novice) Use the #macul10 twitter search here on the site
- (intermediate) Check out the #macul10 WTHash Tag search page, complete with RSS feeds, and direct tweet box.
- (advanced) Download a Twitter client like Hootsuite or Tweetdeck to manage all of the Twitterverse on your desktop
Got Your Own Idea for Promotion?
There are lots of other ways to promote your session(s) or help people find sessions that will interest them at the conference, including blogs, uploading videos and pictures, but we’d love to hear what you have in mind for sharing.
Image: ‘Lecturn view‘ http://www.flickr.com/photos/46124960@N0o/3738906198