Today as I was riding up to the 2010 MACUL Conference, I was thinking how lucky we are in Michigan to have consistent support for the TWICE videoconferencing sessions at our ed tech conference, year after year after year…
Sometimes I listen to VC buddies in other states and I can’t think of very many (any?) that consistently and annually plan to have a videoconference session at every single breakout time slot during the conference.
So this is a thank you from a long time TWICE board member, and videoconferencing fan, who loves to see this particular technology supported and promoted every year. Thank you MACUL!! And thank you to the MACUL support staff and volunteers who sometimes stand on their heads to make VC work on the conference network!
A MACUL Conference Success Story
Sometimes it’s nice to know the results of the conference. And once in a while, it even gets in the paper! Here’s a story from Owosso, MI:
- Computer teacher attends MACUL conference.
- Stops by the TWICE room, learns about videoconferencing and CAPspace (TWICE’s social networking site for videoconferencing).
- Gets access to videoconferencing (Polycom PVX)
- Signs up for Read Around the Planet
- Luckily gets one of the 13 (out of 1950) UK partners
- Gets written up in the paper.
And it all started at the MACUL conference!
Don’t forget to stop by the TWICE room for a videoconference session! Gallery Overlook G!